Hijacker.StartPage.KS is classified as a browser hijacker virus. The main symptom of the virus is to reroute your compromised web browser to unrelated websites. Specifically, when you open a browser, the default page and search page will be changed without your consent. You might have tried to reset the default page in the “Internet Option”. But when you open the browser again, the default page is changed again.
Hijacker.StartPage.KS can compromise system security and expose your computer to dangerous situation. More malware or spyware will install into your computer in a secret way and operate in the background. PC performance will be greatly infected as the limited CPU resources are shared. Hijacker.StartPage.KS will keep track of your credential information like banking account and passwords and transmit them to online web criminals for vicious activities. So we highly suggest you should remove it before it causes further damage to your computer.
Hijacker.StartPage.KS Infection Symptoms:
* Hijacker.StartPage.KS will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
* Your computer is acting slowly. Hijacker.StartPage.KS slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
* Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is a symptom of a very serious Hijacker.StartPage.KS infection.
* Hijacker.StartPage.KS will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. Hijacker.StartPage.KS will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
* You are getting pestered with pop ups. Hijacker.StartPage.KS infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
Step-by-Step Guide to Remove Hijacker.StartPage.KS:
Step1. Restart your computer in safe mode with Networking (Restart your computer. -> As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap "F8" key constantly. ->Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, ->and then press ENTER.)
Step2. Open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE and stop and delete Hijacker.StartPage.KS
Step3. Open Registry Editor and delete Hijacker.StartPage.KS related entries from there:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “Hidden” = ’0′
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe”
Step4. Delete Hijacker.StartPage.KS related files:
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Hijacker.StartPage.KS\
Note: Hijacker.StartPage.KS enters into computers without your permission or consent. It escapes from any anti-virus software by concealing deeply in entries and mutating every day at quick speed. Do not give up at this moment, and the most effective way is manual removal. If you are unacquainted with computer skills, please be free to ask for instant assistance from Tee Support Online Technical Support Team