What Alot Is?
Alot seems to be 'versatile', which makes it a vicious virus that needs to be removed before it causes dizzy dysfunctions for you. As you can see from the screenshot attached as below:
You consider it is annoying simply because you are fed up with its act like papparazi? Please be noted that you have very reason to get rid of it apart from that! Here are both potential and obvious dangers listed by Tee Support Technicians 24/7 online that may post to Alot victims.
- Encrypts files containing pivotal information.
- Alleviates installation of other malware.
- Allows unauthorized accession to your computer.
- Drops bunches of files, processes and registries to drag down PC performance.
- Compromises security-related softwares.
- Task Manager (Taskmgr.exe) won't launch because another program is using the file
- When a link is clicked in Google, it diverts to a website under the name of Alot other than what was listed on the result page
- Regedit Registry Editor and CMD has been disabled
- Slow Internet connection speed
- Your main browser window loads various unknown sites with advertisements
- The computer's start-up process slows down.
- Causes browser crashes.
- Freezes up tasks sometimes.
- Changes your browser settings and replaces the default page.
The main purpose of the redirect virus is to steal traffic by infecting unprotected online computers in order to increase web traffic and sales to particular websites which the virus writers have financial benefits from. The virus could also be used by the criminals to install rogue security applications, various ransomware and scareware to steal users' money and personal information such as passwords, usernames and credit card details. Eventhough you seems to be lucky enough not to have that many infections downloaded onto your system, the content in your backcards will be in highly danger, because the password-stealing virus is powerful enough to do it alone. To remove such aggressive and multi-component virus, more work should be done to remove it completely so that no return message would come back. Follow the steps provided hereinafter; should you run into puzzles, you are welcome to get instant and professional help from online experts here.
Manual Instruction to Remove Alot Virus Step by Step
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
Step2. Reset your internet explorer Step: Open your Internet Explorer -> click ‘Tools’ -> choose Internet Options -> click ‘Advanced’ -> choose Reset Option -> click Yes to save the change
Step3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Alot malware
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Alot .
Step4. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab.
Step5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
Step6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
Step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Please stop all the following processes.
Step7. Delete all related files and registry values in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.