What Is great-value.com Created for?
Want burst to get rid of great-value.com, because it brings up with relentless pop ups? Here’s the screenshot of it:
You have no idea what great-value will do to you besides the ‘cheap’ recommendations and pop ups. With the help of browser helper object, such an adware is able to alter internet browser settings such as the Home Page and Provided Search Engine, dedicating to promote products that is produced for installations of additional malware or rogueware instead.
Any unwary click on its advertisements, your system would simply be messed up, for certain infections are downloaded without your consent. In combination with the infections it promotes for you under the cover of thrill and good stuffs, great-value adware is able to stay longer to trace, track, store, distribute, and use your information for easy money which is illegal for sure. Besides, you'll notice more and more dysfunctions occurred:
- Task Manager (Taskmgr.exe) won't launch because another program is using the file
- Regedit Registry Editor and CMD has been disabled
- Slow Internet connection speed
- Deleted desktop shortcuts/icons, files and folders keep reappearing
- Frustrating warning pop-ups prompt to scan the computer for viruses
Why Manual Approach Is Effective?
Infiltration way is the key to strike great-value.com. Nowadays, many intrusive infections that are not removed by programs share common infiltration way by inserting its registries and pouring down files to modify and affect systematic ones. It is known that no systematic things should be deleted due to the consequence of non-access to Windows again which is why programs can't delete the virus by either modify the registry and file back or erase them. Thus, we just have to dig out the critical ones that are buried deep and the virus collapse without the cumbersome effort to select and delete one by one. Help yourself here; should you get stuck during the removal process, you are welcome to get professional help from online computer experts here.
Feasible Instruction to Remove great-value.com Adware Step by Step
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
Step2. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from great-value adware
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from great-value.com adware.
Step3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step4. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
Step5. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
Step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Please stop all the following processes.
Step6. Delete all related files and registry values in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run\[random]
HKEY_USERS\.DEFUALT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ControlSet001\Services\svflooje\Enum\[random]
Video Guide Sample on How to Remove great-value.com Adware
Important note: manual removal of great-value adware is complex and risky task, as it refers to key parts of computer system, and is recommended only for advanced users. If you haven’t sufficient expertise on doing that, it's recommended to ask help from an online computer expert to manually remove it for you. That would make a hit.