At first, it only works if you copy and paste the link provided by google on to your browser's address bar. But then, situation seems to go beyond your control. Clicktosearch would simply take over the page you are intended. You’ve tried hard to be free from it but to no avail. Keep reading to find out why and the way out.
Why It is Hard to Remove Clicktosearch.com Redirect?
Here’s the reason listed by Tee Support expert 24/7 online in terms of comprehensive infiltration method:
- injects malicious code into already running processes
- infects web browser components and adds malicious browser extensions.
- hides its files, recreates other files after reboot, drops auto-launch keys in Regidit,.
- inserts its abominable plug-ins into your web browsers so as to destroy normal network activities
- modifies and removes certain critical computer files
- processes run in resource manager constantly sucks CPU and memory
- Registry keys are inserted into kernel part
- Backdoor is opened
- to alleviate installation of additional infections, restricting the security utility from properly functioning;
- to receive download mandate, ensuring smooth damage;
- to make remote access from hacker possible.
Dangers that Unbeknownst to you
Clicktosearch.com delivers paid advertisements from third-party. That’s how it will generate income for its owner but to you, it will redirect you to unwanted and potentially harmful websites. Clicktosearch.com may also spy and steal your personal information because of keyloggers it may contain or other components that are able to imitate keyboard.
Obviously, Clicktosearch is a redirect virus that you should remove as soon as possible. Now follow the steps to help yourself out of the plight fast. Should you get confused, you are welcome to get professional help here.
Manual Instruction to Remove Clicktosearch.com Virus Re-Directs Step by Step
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
Step2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items.
Step3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab.
Step4. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
Step5. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
Step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Please stop all the following processes.
Step6. Delete all related files and registry values in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Inspector” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “net HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe”
Video Sample Guide on How to Remove Clicktosearch.com Virus
Please be noted: manual removal of files and registry entries is very effective to get rid of this annoying threat Clicktosearch.com. Anyhow, it requires skills and experience, if any wrong operation or even any deviation from the instructions during the manual removal could result in irreparable system damage. To make sure complete deletion, it is recommended to contact online expert for tech support.