Why Want to Remove Searchnu?
You have: looked in the Task Manager, done a system restore, removed Searchnu’s taskbar shortcuts, run anti-virus program, uninstall and reinstall your browser but still get Searchnu.com page?
And you notice that the machine is running slowly, freezing - during streaming media, and at plenty of other more random times, redirecting new tabs, windows, etc. to search.nu mostly, and the like. Unsatisfied search results based on its domain spill and advertisement bombards drives you nut. You then finally suspect its nature as a redirect virus.
To get rid of Searchnu redirect virus , you've tried registry cleans, scans of anti-virus or other secure-related programs, still fail to get to the root of this darn redirecting problem. Is there any way to fix the redirect issue? Keep reading and you'll find the answer. Should you have any question, you are welcome to start a live chat with Tee Support experts 24/7 online ready to help.
Why I Need to Remove Searchnu.com Manually?
Obviously, no program could stop Searchnu's appearance. Frustrated about that? No worries, you’ll realize why manual approach is a feasible way after you read the section.
It is universally known that program is created by technicians to help protect PC users, not to destroy machine. Therefore, hacker programs the browser hijacker with multiple components to have their respective task done.
a) Files are dropped
- to corrupt systematic and secure-related files;
- to modify security settings;
- to hide certain programs, tricking you into thinking that your files and programs are gone, and causing run error when trying to launch the attacked program.
- to mess up system settings;
- to add its process into auto run setting;
- to temper with systematic registries.
- inject malicious code into already running processes
- infect web browser components and adds malicious browser extensions.
- insert its abominable plug-ins into your web browsers so as to destroy normal network activities
- modify and remove certain critical computer files
Here are the dangers listed by Tee Support analysts 24/7 online that you may meet up when Searchnu.com haunts around your browser.
- pretends to be a legit site that tricks you into downloading malware into your system instead of alleged update and anti-virus program download.
- carries malicious codes apart from malware under the cover of search engine.
- drops down codes to encrypt files containing money-worthy information.
- serves as a platform for information receipt and exchange.
Feasible Way to Get Rid of Searchnu.com As Expected
Manual Instruction to Remove Searchnu.com Virus Re-Directs Step by Step
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
Step2. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Searchnu redirect malware
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Searchnu.com redirect virus.
Step4. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab.
Step5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
Step6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
Step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Please stop all the following processes.
Step7. Delete all related files and registry values in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
Tips for Future Infection Prevention:
• Enable a firewall on your computer.
• Get the latest computer updates for all your installed software.
• Use up-to-date antivirus software.
• Limit user privileges on the computer.
• Use caution when opening attachments and accepting file transfers.
• Use caution when clicking on links to webpages.
• Avoid downloading pirated software.
Direct Video Guide on How to Remove Searchnu.com Virus
Important note: want to safely and completely remove this perky mutating Searchnu.com virus infection but you cannot figure out a way since various security tools failed to remove it? Contact Tee Support's 24/7 online Computer Expert to remove any stubborn computer threat manually!