Infected with uwavou.com
The symptom of uwavou infections is pretty obvious that uwavou.com shows up in the initial link and takes you to spam links or advertisements. Here’s the screenshot:
How Does uwavou Redirect Happen?
A virus cannot get in your system if you have a powerful protection and you abide by good PC practice. Visiting a porn site, clicking spam links contained in an email sent by strangers or downloading free thingies from suspicious sites will leave uwavou a chance to take advantage of any vulnerabilities that exists before or that compromised by other virus like backdoor Trojan. Malicious components such as registry keys will help with browser settings modification, security reduction. Therefore, uwavou is able to take you to random links that promotes various luring goods. Don’t ever make any purchase there or you’ll pay for ignominious things instead of expected commodity.
Most people want to fix uwavou redirect problem is because it’s annoying. However, Tee Support experts 24/7 online advise a look at the potential harms uwavou.com posts:
Potential Harms Needs Attention
- Information may be exposed to remote hacker once keyloggers are in place;
- Computer runs more slowly;
- Access to secure domains is redirected;
- Surfing habits will be recorded;
- unexpected programs installed and files keep accumulating.
At a Lost as to How to Fix uwavou.com? Detailed Steps to Follow up
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items.
2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
3. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
4. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
5. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Please stop all the following processes.
6. Delete all related files and registry values in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“ShortcutPath” = “‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JHDF363PDF943TER.exe” -u’”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “JHDF363PDF943TER” = “‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JHDF363PDF943TER.exe’
step: Click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files:
Video Sample Guide on How to Remove uwavou.com
Kind Reminder: manual removal ensures the desired result due to the original way in which the computer is built. Yet it needs strong knowledge of tech skills, otherwise it will result in none-access to Windows. Besides, take the time expanse you have it, it related files and registries could be different. If you find no luck after finishing the post, you are welcome to start a live chat with Tee Support experts 24/7 online for real-time help.