Search.snap.do Goes Mad
A secretly installed toolbar triggers surfing nightmare. Firstly, search.snap.do page replaces start up screen:
You’ve never knowingly downloaded the software, but a search box is offered voluntarily for you. You want to give it a shot to uninstall it by visting its site to find uninstall tool but no luck; uninstall the program from add/remove of control panel to no sufficient removal.
Secondly, it redirects you to snap.do whenever you click on a link and keeps redirecting any address bar searches through Snap.do. Some people would say it is alright to use the search engine as it is able to provide links accordingly. However, as the time goes when Snap.do keeps accompany, you'll realize its nature as a browser hijacker.
Tee Support strongly suggests a quick removal of any programs installed unwittingly on your system to prevent its development. In terms of snap.do, the longer you have it, the much crazier it becomes and the more troubles you are going to encounter as listed below:
- Computer runs considerably slowly;
- Additional redirect virus you’ll get;
- Adware may pop up at corner of every page you visit;
- Some PC functionality may become non-response;
- Firewall may not be activated;
- Additional malicious program or virus may be installed unknowingly.
From Whence Snap.do Comes? (Tips to Prevent Future Virus)
Be cautious when clicking links. It can point your browser to download threats or visit malicious web site.
Don’t download unknown "free" software and software promoted on suspicious sites with numerous advertisements pubilished.
Avoid opening unknown e-mail attachments and emails sent from unfamiliar guys.
4) Web application
Keep updating patches if there is any after you run a scan. Any vulnerability on web app will be taken advantage by virus.
Detialed Steps to Follow up for Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar ) Removal
Be patient and careful when follow the steps, if any segment is missing, a complete removal cannot be achieved. Make sure that you stick to the instruction, or any slight mistake will deliver undesired PC dysfunctions. Anytime you need professional help, you are welcome to contact 24/7 online computer help by starting a live chat here.
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items.
2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
3. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
4. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
5. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Please stop all the following processes.
6. Delete all related files and registry values in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Media Access Startup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll
step: Click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
Direct Guidance Available in Video Below
Kind Reminder: to remove Snap.do (Resoft Smartbar ) manually maybe cumbersome if the time expanse that it has been around is taken into consideration. Follow the complete removal guide cautiously since any slightest deviation from the removal tutorial may cause irretrievable system instability. If you are not that technically sound, you are welcome to start a live chat here with Tee Support experts 24/7 available here.